Q6600: G0 Stepping vs B3 Stepping

Status
Not open for further replies.

96z28

Baseband Member
Ok I've been searching throughout the forum to try and answer my question but just cant seem to find a complete answer.

What is the difference between the G0 and B3 stepping other than one is newer version of the Q6600?

Are there any places i can read this for myself? I will be overclocking the Q6600 over 3.0 so should i lean more towards the G0?

Also, have anyone of you guys bought the OEM version of the Q6600 from clubit?

Alright thanks in advance

The G0 is a revised stepping that is more efficient...it uses less power so runs cooler, and also has a higher heat tolerance.

Definitely the better choice.

I bought my G0 from clubit but it was the retail version, at the time they didnt have the oem version and were the only place guaranteeing g0's that had any in stock. But definately make sure to get the g0. It runs a lot cooler and can easily be oc'd to 3.6 on a good air cooler.

The main difference between the G0 and B3, is that the G0 is a newer revision, that consumes less power, than the B3.

You can read more here:
Intel's New 65nm, G0 Step Conroe: An Early Look at 45nm Performance? - The Tech Repository Forums

OEMs are great for when you're buying an aftermarket cooler. I'm sure ClubIT is trust worthy. And I'm sure the OEM is packaged similar to the retail. Just without the HSF and manuals.

Yeah Clubit does not have the retail version in stock at the moment. But i am using the T Ultra-120 cooler on the cpu anyways so i dont need the stock HSF. And the manuals can be seen at intel right?

Yeah Clubit does not have the retail version in stock at the moment. But i am using the T Ultra-120 cooler on the cpu anyways so i dont need the stock HSF. And the manuals can be seen at intel right?

You don't need the manual for CPUs. But yes, the documentation should be at their website.

Good choice on the cooler. I ordered my cpu from clubit around 10am on a friday with 2 day shipping, shipped same day and i had it on tuesday.

Good choice on the cooler. I ordered my cpu from clubit around 10am on a friday with 2 day shipping, shipped same day and i had it on tuesday.

lol i might get my cpu before all the other hardware

in the meantime i might try and plug it in on my old celeron supporting motherboard;) :D

Lucky. When I orderered my Magicstix from newegg I paid for two day shipping via UPS on a Thursday, it arrived in Portland the following day, but yet I didn't get it until the following Monday, even though UPS delivers on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom