Power button problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-rock

In Runtime
I have an Acer Aspire 9500 and recently the power button hasn't been working very well. I have to push it several times and push it very hard just to make it turn on. Also, all of the lights on the keyboard don't work (caps lock, number lock, and scroll lock). I was curious what the easiest way of fixing this problem is. I don't really mind the lights being out, I would just like for the power button work with a simple push, like it use to.
Thank you.

go to the near service center of acer... fixing a laptop is not easy than a desktop...

Well, I have a warranty through circuit city and they said that they would have to send it in since they can't fix it at the store. They said that i would be without my laptop for 4-6 weeks and I'm a college student and i need my laptop to do my school work, as it is my only computer. So, i was looking for a way to fix it without using circuit city's way.

nearest local repair guy should get it fixed within a couple of days sounds like it might need a clean and then some resoldering of a couple of wires perhaps a couple of new leds for the lock keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom