PSU about to crap out... need recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
Ok so my computer started to turn off a few seconds after i turned it on. When it happened I heard some crackleling sounds like it was shortcircuiting or something and then it powered off. I left it alone for a moment and tried again. this happened a few days ago and today it happened again so my guess is that my psu is almost at an end.
The PSU is a Vitex 300W that came with my Bon Chic case (crap with no airflow what-so-ever). It was pre-made and was before I knew this forum. Never had any problems with the psu though untill now, so Im guessing 300W is enough.
So I'm here to ask for your advice. I know corsair is good but a bit overkill
I'm willing to pay about $70 but less is better since it's an old computer

My specs are:

P4 3.2Ghz prescot cpu
P4S800 mobo
1 gig DDR ram
Geforce 7600 GS 256MB
2 optical drives
1 floppy drive
1 hdd

How about the Spire SP-ATX-380WB&P4 Jewel, 380W (ATX 2.01) only 30 euro's thats about $40

Do not skimp on the power supply. But the FSP that Apokalipse mentioned, is a great quality PSU...and ironically, it's cheap.

Do not skimp on the power supply. But the FSP that Apokalipse mentioned, is a great quality PSU...and ironically, it's cheap.

I know the psu is important and it's not that I wan't to skimp on it. It's just that I couldn't find the recommended psu. I'm from the netherlands and use this site to search stuff Tweakers.net - Pricewatch - Prijzen
Tweakers.net - Pricewatch - Prijzen [ Voedingen & UPS'en ] In order of brands.
It's a database of Dutch internet computer hardware stores and tells u where the products are cheapest among other things.

Antec Basiq Power 350W?

Basiq Powers aren't very good. At least go with the earthwatts series.

Seasonic is another good brand that is on the list.

Ok, i guess I'll go with the Antec iLuminate Earthwatts EA-380 than.
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom