Crossfire/SLI???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaundale

Baseband Member
Hi,
Currently have a ATI Gcard BUT want to upgrade Mobo and have seen one I like BUT it's SLI. Can I still use my Single ATI card in it untill I can get the 8800GT and then another Nvidia card to utilise the SLI? Didn't know if it would be ok to use a single Gcard weather it was ATI / Nvidia.
OR....
Can you tell me out of the two following Mobos would be good:
1.DFI Infinity 975X/G SKT SKT775 conroe Core2Duo ready DDR2 Crossfire 8channel audio ATX

2.Asus P5N-E SLI 650i Socket 775 PCI-E Onboard Audio ATX

Currently have a ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 Socket 775 8 Channel Audio AGP PCI-E ATX Motherboard
as I needed to upgrade to a PCI C2Duo mobo but couldn't afford it all together so had to keep DDR and AGP to start with now I have all the bits I just want to see out of the two boards would be better.

Thanks,
Shaun.

If it has a PCI-e slot you can run a PCI-e card.

nVidia chipsets are more geared towards nVidia and ATi/AMD chipsets are more geared towards ATi. You'll probably see better performance matching the card with the chipset, but any PCI-e card will work in any PCI-e slot.

For the amount of money you will spend on 2 8800 gt cards, you will get better performance for less money from 1 ultra.

This is why I am somewhat against SLI. If you go out and spend $730 on 2 8800GTS cards, you'll only get a minor performance increase at big resolutions over $650 on an 8800Ultra. For most people, getting a 3fps increase at 1600x1200 doesn't justify an extra $80, as well as the extra power and heat issues that SLI can create.

i th ought the same thats why i got an ultra and i havent been this satisfied...
every game maxed out with my highest resoultion and no slow downs...

well if you wanna play 2560x1600... no way in **** 1 ultra is gonna get the job done... unless your playing half-life 2 or something.. lol

well if you wanna play 2560x1600... no way in **** 1 ultra is gonna get the job done... unless your playing half-life 2 or something.. lol

well, i just got a 22 inch monitor and a 24 inch tv...and im not planning on buying a bigger monitor or tv for a long long time....

SO im good to go and dont have to worry about those resolutions..

hows crossfire working for you though?
whats your 3dmark?

well, i just got a 22 inch monitor and a 24 inch tv...and im not planning on buying a bigger monitor or tv for a long long time....

SO im good to go and dont have to worry about those resolutions..

hows crossfire working for you though?
whats your 3dmark?

no crossfire yet... still waiting at my door for the ups man to come with my damned pro... i won't have crossfire probably for another 3 or 4 weeks.... i should fix my sig as its deceiving people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom