Laptop vs Desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiles

Baseband Member
I know laptops are more expensive than desktops. What I was wondering was, if in the long run would it be cheaper due to saving money on power?

The amount of money you spend on power to run a computer is far less than you spend on eating out at fastfood. A laptop is ALWAYS going to cost far more for the equal amount of power you get with a desktop. Unless you really need the mobility, you are better off with a good desktop.

yes indeedy btw a laptop use 1:10 of the power a desktop would but the electricity bill would only be moderately effected not enough to justify the extra cost of getting a laptop in the first place. You can build a mini-itx desktop if you want to save power and space

i have a laptop and a desktop, and i will never give my desktop up 4 my laptop, desktops r more powerfull for there money, n u cnt do much inside with a laptop like a desktop

if saving money go to desktop... but for traveling case go to laptop... for me desktop is more reliable than laptop..when one spec. crash in laptop.. the whole system was affected unlike desktop.. you can easily upgrade and troubleshoot in your own...

I know laptops are more expensive than desktops. What I was wondering was, if in the long run would it be cheaper due to saving money on power?

Could be. It all depends on the cost of the laptop, the amount of time you would normally use the desktop, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom