Compaq 3015 Laptop battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPurpleRT

Baseband Member
I bought this laptop off ebay, no battery in it. Bought a new one, put in worked fine.... until I tried moving the laptop, then it powered off. It will not do this while in the wall, but if I move it around on battery power, it dies.

What could cause this? is there any easy fix? I'd hate to have to send this laptop back due tot his. I've grown to like it in the couple days I've had it.

TIA,

Ryan

Bad connection, probably. Check that the battery is snug and that the leads aren't bent or corroded. If the battery is loose, you will probably have to find a way to wedge it so it's tight- that way the little copper leads make a solid connection with each other.

It could also be mis-seated RAM (you can fix by removing the RAM and re-seating it). But since you said it doesn't do it on AC, then it's probably not that.

Hey, I think I fixed it use some cut up piece of a apdded envelope. Thanks!

But what would cause this? Is it the fact the enw battery I boguht for it is not afactory replacement unit maybe?

Hey, I think I fixed it use some cut up piece of a apdded envelope. Thanks!

But what would cause this? Is it the fact the enw battery I boguht for it is not afactory replacement unit maybe?

It's just not making complete contact. It could be that the leads on the battery bay are bent, or it could be that the battery wasn't reverse-engineered well enough in China :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom