How long will it last...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a radeon 7500 and it runs new games fine with settings down. I believe a 7500 can be as low as 39 bucks.

Let's be serious people. She will never use 80GB. Downsize to 40GB (unless the 80 isn't much more). Also what in the world does she need 512 for? Downsize her to 256. Leave her with the graphics card that you had planned. This way she has a great computer, but it doesn't cost you for something that she will never use nor know that she had. Make sure that she has Nortan Anti-Virus and Ad-Aware and she will be running fine for 5-6 years.

Jonesie said:
Let's be serious people. She will never use 80GB. Downsize to 40GB (unless the 80 isn't much more). Also what in the world does she need 512 for? Downsize her to 256. Leave her with the graphics card that you had planned. This way she has a great computer, but it doesn't cost you for something that she will never use nor know that she had. Make sure that she has Nortan Anti-Virus and Ad-Aware and she will be running fine for 5-6 years.

True, I could use my old 233MHz Pentium I for what she wants to do and be okay. She needs to have Anti-Virus and Ad-aware though, especially since she's somebody who is not very into computer, and therefore couldn't fix a problem if it arose and was virus related.

actually i wouldnt do that. As long as there is the possibility of doing some, if not the smallest application running stuff such a Word or Photo editors, you will need a faster comp.

Fragino said:
I would go the opposite and get a bigger drive. 80 won't last very long.

80 won't last very long if you're a gamer installing games that take up 6GB of space each. She will only need Windows XP, MS Office, and Photoshop for her photo editing, which doesn't take up much space at all. She probably will never be much of a gamer therefore doesn't need the space, so its a good way to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom