question about spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveg48

Solid State Member
Should you click on the "unsubsribe" link when you get "junk" or "spam" email or just delete it and hope they quit sending it? I have heard adivce bothe ways. What is the general consensis of the members here? How about the spam stopping software? Is it any good and how will you know if it blocks something you want?
Thanks

Unsubscribe it or delete it. If you have outlook express, right click the e-mail and send it to junk e-mail and it will block it. Spam stopping software is good if you are willing to pay for it; they will give you notifications when they find spam.

I hear using the mozilla mail program filters out stuff...can anyone confirm that?

Unsubscribe it or delete it Do Not Unsubscribe with yr email as it just generates more spams,just block address via outlook Ex if you have yahoo or hotmail, it's normal you have spams

This is truth, sometimes when you Unsubscribe, they telling you put your email,
which directlly going to other engines and you will get more spams

Unsubscribe is your confirmation that your email is working

Very few spammers are honest and will honor your request to unsubscribe.

As Kopenhagen and milen have already mentioned, I tend to agree that it's better to totally disregard it. Do not hit reply, or unsubscribe or reply in any way shape or form. When you click on the unsubscribe link, the spammers know they have a 'live fish' on the hook so to speak. Once they know that they have a valid IP addy, they can continue to spam you.

Never Unsubscribe!!! I use to till it dawned on me what was happening. Like Milen said that's a confirmation that it's a working E-Mail address. Basturds!!!

Get a Yahoo or Hotmail address, then start using that for all your subscriptions, forums, online orders, etc.

Then change your original personal e-mail address to something else (something not easily guessed) and only give it to real people.

You'll be spam-free!

Hedda Lora

HeddaLora said:
Get a Yahoo or Hotmail address, then start using that for all your subscriptions, forums, online orders, etc.

Then change your original personal e-mail address to something else (something not easily guessed) and only give it to real people.

You'll be spam-free!

Hedda Lora

Yeah right buddy... have you tried using yahoo or hotmail? Both of my Yahoo and Hotmail accounts have tons of spam mail and i have to manually delete it once a week.

I don't have that problem, but then again, I don't usually make my e-mail address available in forums.

But that's the whole point of my message: Use the Yahoo or Hotmail accounts for the "spam magnet" (public-use, such as forums) accounts, and use an ISP account for your private, personal stuff. It will remain spam free.

--Hedda Lora

p.s. I'm not a buddy ... I'm a budette. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom