Ahh Temperatures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel-Zero

In Runtime
G'day,

Yesterday I installed my Q6600 and pushed it from its stock 1.6 GHz (for some reason :S) to 2.4 GHz. I just downloaded Everest to check my CPU temperature and it reads:

CPU#1/Core3: 61 degrees
CPU#1/Core1: 67 degrees

THIS IS AT IDLE! WHAT THE ****?! My motherboard temp is 54 and my GPU is at 35 what is causing my Q6600 to go crazy?

wow...that's definitely not right. Are you using stock cooling? You probably need to reseat your heatsink, or get some more airflow going, in your case.

I'll try reseating the heatsink but I touched my hand to the area around the processor and the heatsink and there was virtually no heat. I rebooted with standard settings and it was 100 degrees! Ahh! It is stock cooling.

I'll try some wire management to increase airflow because at the moment it is a -100000000 compared to your amazing water cooling system.

If it was at 100 degrees it would have pretty much fried.

I say it is a temperature reading error. Are you getting these temps from BIOS or Windows?

Remove the old paste with Coffee filter and clean the surface with Rubbing alcohol and put some Arctice Silver 5 on it , remember it takes time for the paste to settle in
but i agree 60*C on idle is a lot

Interesting. I just use a paper towel with some alcohol for the main gunk then use a microfiber cloth + isopropyl for the final wipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom