My computer gets to the xp loading screen and restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivaelydoc

Beta member
I've tried a lot of different stuff and it still doesn't work. I don't want to reformat the hard drive 'til I can back up the hard drive. But that's been proven impossible since 3 other hard drives that all OS's installed don't work and just give the "NTDLR is missing" error, which is understandable. So I put in the XP disc and and ran DOS and hit fixmbr, didn't work, and fixboot, which didn't work either. I was trying to get to the recovery console, but it just restarted before I could. The hard drive is set to boot first, except when I booted the cd player first for the xp cd. The computer is a old emachine but it has valuable info that my mother needs so what can I do to fix it?

Hi and welcome to Computer Forums :grin:

I am new here but I am one of the Analysts People at my other forum. Hopefully I can assist you :smile:. Okay, if you can get to another computer you can take the HD you need data from and put the jumpers to make it a slave drive. Then you can retrieve the data by connecting it into another computer and running it into Windows.

Well I tried to back it up and it did back up but it said it failed.
This is what failed:
"Backup started on 10/7/2007 at 1:33 PM.
Warning: Unable to open "D:\Documents and Settings\Kerry.LEAVITT\Local Settings\Temp\743890.exe" - skipped.
Reason: Access is denied.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\Documents and Settings\Kerry.LEAVITT\Local Settings\Temp\18854\gm.exe" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\Documents and Settings\Kerry.LEAVITT\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\NSG0D57U\25319[1]" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\Documents and Settings\Kerry.LEAVITT\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\NSG0D57U\packed_installer_cn[1]" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\Documents and Settings\Kerry.LEAVITT\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\NSG0D57U\setup_rcxp[1].exe" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\Program Files\DriveCleaner Freeware\UDCPChk.dll" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\Program Files\RegistryCleanerXP\RegistryCleanerXP.exe" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\Program Files\WinAble\UnInstall.exe" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\System Volume Information\_restore{5DAFEA27-47D0-437A-A710-F5EA02D45CE2}\RP137\A0028653.ini" - skipped.

WARNING: Portions of "\System Volume Information\_restore{5DAFEA27-47D0-437A-A710-F5EA02D45CE2}\RP151\snapshot\_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE" cannot be read. The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
WARNING: Portions of "\System Volume Information\_restore{5DAFEA27-47D0-437A-A710-F5EA02D45CE2}\RP153\A0033049.dll" cannot be read. The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
Warning: Unable to open "D:\WINDOWS\b104.exe" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\WINDOWS\b128.exe" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\WINDOWS\system32\DefLib.sys" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\WINDOWS\system32\KB12794058.exe" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\WINDOWS\system32\pwinkmdt.exe" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys" - skipped.

Warning: Unable to open "D:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" - skipped.
Reason: Access is denied."

and:

"The file \System Volume Information\...\snapshot\_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE did not verify.

The file \System Volume Information\_restore{5DAFEA27-47D0-437A-A710-F5EA02D45CE2}\RP153\A0033049.dll did not verify."

But the backup is still there, so if I reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows, could I put the back back on the hard drive with out any errors and get it to run again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom