Power Supply and Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
****........ It means all this time, my best friend's dad was giving me bad information........

Seems clear from the responses I'm getting, that he isn't as knowledgable as I thought.

Thx Gurusan,

I'm going with the Crucial Ballistix! Now, just to figure out the power supply.

This psu is also quite good...about the same power but is slightly more stable.
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail

Can't go wrong with either one though...and I for one prefer modular cables even though hardcore people don't like them because they can have increased resistance over time.

Is the HX620 the best route for the price range? How does the OCZ 700W GameXtreme compare with it?

It seems my friend's dad is losing credibility......... but he told me to get the OCZ 700 because it has more wattage; thus, will be better in the future compared to the 620W of the Corsair.

In the end: Corsair 620 or PCC Silencer. Either is great.

Remember wattage doesnt mean squat. I've seen 500W PSUs with 20A on 12V rail, the same as the amount of amps on my 400W PSU.

Is the HX620 the best route for the price range? How does the OCZ 700W GameXtreme compare with it?

It seems my friend's dad is losing credibility......... but he told me to get the OCZ 700 because it has more wattage; thus, will be better in the future compared to the 620W of the Corsair.

I think by now you have learned that your "friend's dad" doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to power supplies.

TheGlazer said:

This is not true. The 620HX has more than enough, to last for years into the future. And in the future, components will consume less power than before. So we're not heading towards the track, where we would need more power.

This is not true. The 620HX has more than enough, to last for years into the future. And in the future, components will consume less power than before. So we're not heading towards the track, where we would need more power.

Yes, people seem to forget that things are becoming more efficient. Old pentium 4's would drain around 110 watts....now Quad core processors are WAAY faster in every respect and are rated at 95w tdp

I don't think a GPU will ever drain more than 280-300 watts overclocked and a processor will never drain more than 200-250 watts overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom