AMD64 3000+ CPU Running At 90 C... Too Hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CPU is going to run extremely hot anyway. Make sure that you have a good application of thermal grease between the processor and the heatsink. You are also going to want to make sure that the case has good ventilation. It is currently running at about 194 degrees F. I would check AMD's site and any other owners manuals that you have of the processor to see if they have a recommend temperature for the part.

"Too hot in time..."

In 'C', do you mean 'Celcius'? cuz that's colder... ... Well, if you do mean farenheight, it really is a little too hot. But even though that's sort of normal, you can't have it on for long periods of time. Cause it'll burn out after a while... A large heat sink, and a more POWERFUL fan, should cool it down by about 15 degrees. :cool:

Ooops!...! I just did some research into this and found out that the temperature sensor for the CPU was not calibrated properly. I just needed to update the BIOS, and now everything is perfectly ok. Thanks anyways guys... I appreciate it!

Re: "Too hot in time..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
In 'C', do you mean 'Celcius'? cuz that's colder... ... Well, if you do mean farenheight, it really is a little too hot. But even though that's sort of normal, you can't have it on for long periods of time. Cause it'll burn out after a while... A large heat sink, and a more POWERFUL fan, should cool it down by about 15 degrees. :cool:

other way around 90c is scorching hot. 10c away from "boiling" 90f is cooler.

Ah Im glad you straightened that out! 90°C could be OK for some proc like the prescott with its 100+W heat output, but not for an athlon 64 3000+! If you hadnt straightened it out Id say go buy yourself a better cpu fan or check for fault mounting, ventilation, etc.

Re: "Too hot in time..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:

Originally posted by GameGURU
other way around 90c is scorching hot. 10c away from "boiling" 90f is cooler.[/COLOR] :cool:

yeah he's right
the Celcius scale is based on the boiling and freezing points of water, 0 being freezing and 100 being boiling
Farenheit temperatures are roughly 2 x the equivalent celcius temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom