wait or upgrade now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
Hi. I am building a new system (soon) and am trying to decide wheter to wait for intel's new 45nm procs to come out in jan. or to just build it now with a Q6600. What is the overclocking potential of this proc and is it worth the wait till jan for the penryns? (Until then im stuck with a Pentium D 820 and a Geforce 6800 so u can see why i want to upgrade soon :D)

He's basically telling him to wait becuase look what he's using...it's kind of close to the topic really.

Your system isn't really old. Myself I would wait a little. Just don't get stuck in the waiting game because your end up waiting forever.

if you see yourself being content for a long time with the q6600, i would go for it. I was in the exact same situation as you just yesterday. I decided to buy now because even though I could get something better in 4 months, I would be stuck having nothing for 4 months. I'm willing to lose some money to prevent that.

besides, the Q6600 will keep me more than happy until something comes where I will never have to buy anything again.

lol

Hi. I am building a new system (soon) and am trying to decide wheter to wait for intel's new 45nm procs to come out in jan. or to just build it now with a Q6600. What is the overclocking potential of this proc and is it worth the wait till jan for the penryns? (Until then im stuck with a Pentium D 820 and a Geforce 6800 so u can see why i want to upgrade soon :D)

this is what everybody is doing... atleast on the forum anyways.... they wanna build now and upgrade... and doing this will let you do both:

e2180 (this holds people for a while because of its overclocking ability)
p35-ds3l
crucial ballistix 2gb Kit ddr2-800
Corsair 520 or 550
some case (choose to your liking)
320GB Seagate Barracuda (change this to your liking)
2900pro or gts (your choice again)

and then upgrade to a 45nm Yorkfield

this is what everybody is doing... atleast on the forum anyways.... they wanna build now and upgrade... and doing this will let you do both:

e2180 (this holds people for a while because of its overclocking ability)
p35-ds3l
crucial ballistix 2gb Kit ddr2-800
Corsair 520 or 550
some case (choose to your liking)
320GB Seagate Barracuda (change this to your liking)
2900pro or gts (your choice again)

and then upgrade to a 45nm Yorkfield

You forgot the most important part....power supply...

I would suggest the Corsair 550VX. Can power any system, and then some, for future upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom