iTouch and Random folder popup, and keyboard questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
Hi Hi, first post here :p so i'll get right down to the point,

I've been having 3 problems, and i figure put them both instead of triple post.

1st Problem:

When i start my computer my startup folder in documents and settings pops up, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

2nd Problem:

When i install iTouch for my keyboard, the icon always disappears when i open it from the tray, and i cant seem to open it, just when i click , nothing happens.

3rd Problem (rather a question)

I was wondering if during a game for example and listening to iTunes if you can still switch songs with the keyboard in-game. Like lets say i hate a song so instead of alt-tabbing in the middle of my game i just hit the "next key " for the next song. on my keyboard (by the way my keyboard has the multimedia buttons, pause , play , next etc..). Because i know if i have a window open my computer's focus is on the running application, but i wanna be able to have my link with iTunes and my multimedia buttons.

Regards

Start>Run>msconfig

Look under startup tab and see what is checked. Uncheck any programs or anything else that you dont want starting up with your PC.

That solves #1

iTouch is for which typw of keyboard? The Microsoft, logitech or which. Have you got the latest version?

That is #2

Some keyboards have the media controls right on them. If your keyboard doesnt or the software isnt workign right then i would fix that problem first. But as for your question on a keyboard shortcut in game. I dont think that is possible. Since that keyboard combo might be used by the game or it could cause the game to crash or take some other random action that is not expected.

If you have multimedia buttons the software if installed correctly should be able to accomplish this for you. I dont know if they work in game as i have not tried it myself.

On the startup tab in msconfig there wasn't the path i was looking for, its just the startup folder in c documents and settings. Its not a real bother but it would be useful to know why it pops up. I already tried finding the source with winpatrol same as msconfig.

Anyways as for iTouch it is for my microsoft keyboard, jsut settings for the "extra" buttons on the keyboard, like : my docuements button, mute button etc etc. I think the iTouch is at its most recent version since it came with the keyboard. It worked before but now it just doesn't want to open.

Actually i downloaded a new driver for iTouch now it doesn't disappear, but the folder popping up and switching songs with my keyboard during a game, i haven't figured out.

The folder have you checked under the Start Menu>Startup and see if it is in there? That could be where it is located. I cant figure out the song thing right now as i dont have any games installed under Vista. They are all under my XP install. So when i restart i will see if my M$ keyboard can do it.

As i stated it might not be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom