Nvidia admits defeat in G92 vs. RV670 battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Nvidia admits defeat in G92 vs. RV670 battle - The INQUIRER

i qouted most of the article of what is important. Though again, this is questionable.

"This time around, Nvidia did not tout its G92_200 series as the fastest thing since Niki Lauda, but rather admitted defeat in this all-popular synthetic benchmark at the hands of a yet-unnamed Radeon HD part.

A reference board from Nvidia is capable of scoring 10,800 3DMarks, while a reference board from ATI will score around 11,400 3DMarks, or a clear 550-600 points advantage.

This is a massive leap over previous-gen parts. The current generation's high-end performer from Nvidia, the 8800Ultra scores 12,500 points. Seeing a mainstream, $250 part scoring barely a thousand less than a current $599 card only makes us wonder how those owners that coughed up so much will feel.

When it comes to ATI's part, you know what to expect in this synthetic benchmark - outscoring Radeon HD 2900XT is a default mode of operation for RV670XT. At least in lower resolutions."

what r ur guys thoughts about this?

ya, only the World leading 3d benchmark... Like it actaully means something..

[/sarcasm]

I didn't think I had to break it down any further, but what was I thinking.. I forgot, this is Tech Forums! How silly of me to forget..

Just because the video card performs better in this synthetic benchmark, it does not mean it will perform better in places where you really want to use a video card.. I.E. GAMES?

A prime example of this would be the 8800GTX and the HD 2900 XT. The 8800GTX loses to the HD 2900 XT in 3Dmark06, however, in most games significantly outperforms the HD 2900 XT. It varies from game to game, however.

hrmmm i could care less who was here! i'm just here for competition and for some good ol' laughs and every once in a while someone posts of something worthwhile of seeing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom