New Windows Vista Hotfix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
New Windows Vista Hotfix

There is a new Windows Vista hotfix out today that is supposed to improve compatibility, reliability and stability. The advisory states that Microsoft doesn't recommend using the hotfix unless you are experiencing one or more of the specific problems listed.

A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this hotfix.

This is a stable release. I ahve not tested to see if it is already included in the SP1 Beta. Which is out.

forrestcupp-please dont make stupid comment like that. The Vista SP1 Beta is already out. It should be done and released in the 1st Quater of 2008. Not in a couple of years. If you paid any attention to the news you would know this and not try to crack jokes like this.

This is a stable release. I ahve not tested to see if it is already included in the SP1 Beta. Which is out.

forrestcupp-please dont make stupid comment like that. The Vista SP1 Beta is already out. It should be done and released in the 1st Quater of 2008. Not in a couple of years. If you paid any attention to the news you would know this and not try to crack jokes like this.

Stupid comment? I'm not a Vista hater, just a realist. Or don't you remember the continued extensions of the initial Vista release? And they had a beta going back then, too. Or don't you also remember that SP1 was originally aready supposed to be out. I'll believe it comes out in January when I see it.

Maybe a couple of years is a sarcastic exaggeration. You really shouldn't get offended so easily.

Umm no they did not say SP1 was gonna be released before the end of the year. Go back and find the article. Read it carefully. They promised a BETA before Nov 12th. Which they have delievered.

They have the release planned for 1q 2008. Whiich is faster than most SP they have ever released. I am not offended. I am just sick of people blasting Vista for absolutely no reason.

BetaNews | Windows Vista SP1 Beta Due This Year

There is the artilce. I read Beta not that the SP will be released this year. I remember the extension of hte Vista release. I also remember everyone *****ing that it took so long to get out. Now they are *****ing cause they released it early. So it is cause of people like that who made M$ rush it why they are forced to get this SP out so fast. Instead of letting them take their time and get all the coding done right the first time.

So when people stop blasting Vista and making it out to be something that it isnt. I will stop getting ****ed off about it. Cause it is comments like your that make people think that Vista is a bad OS when it isnt.

Umm no they did not say SP1 was gonna be released before the end of the year. Go back and find the article. Read it carefully. They promised a BETA before Nov 12th. Which they have delievered.
Umm yes they did. Are you Steve Ballmer by chance? Vista is an OS, a tool for doing things on your computer. It's not something worth getting p-ed off about.

bit-tech.net | Vista SP1 in 2nd half 2007

and

» Vista SP1 is due in the second half of 2007, after all | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com

Are some great links that show the fact that the release date for SP1 has been shakey. I know the final word is now Q1 2008, but the final word is really when it is actually released.

I don't hate Vista; I use it, and like it. But I am at least realistic about the fact that it has had problems. They had many years to work on the coding, so that's really no excuse. I know Q1 2008 is still a quick release of a service pack, but the fact that we keep hearing different reports is kind of reminiscent of Longhorn and the original Vista release.

I stand by my statement that I'll believe it when I see it. If they actually do get it out in January, I'll be happy.

Again you state Janurary. They state 1st Quater. Which is a 3 month span. So you are expecting Jan when they have not planned Jan.

Your first article says nothing from a source at M$. They just talked about it Supposed to be released. There was no source at M$. As for Mary Jo. She is just as bad as Paul Thurrott. She talks all this stuff about what M$ is supposed to do with no real evidence of anything. The article i linked to is a direct quote from M$. The ones you linked to are just articles written by people who claim to have sources at M$.

So again i state that M$ themselves did not state SP1 would be out this year. All the other articles are jsut talk. There was no evidence from any M$ rep in them. Just as we are talking now. That is what those articles were doing. They had no real evidence.

No i am not Steve Balmer. But i am in the MVP program and have much info that is not available to the public. I can not talk about this stuff cause of a NDA.

They did Vista itself in under 2 years. Just like every other OS. Codename Longhorn was a totally different code base and based off a totally different kernel. When Vista hit Beta 1 back on July 27, 2005 is when they officially stated the real coding for what we see today. Since it was released in Nov of 2006 they did it in less than 2 years. All the stuff you see about Longhorn. Not Vista. 2 Different OS's. Not anything is the same aobut them. So they didnt have all that time to code Vista since everyone was in a huff about them taking 5 years to release a new OS. They got one out in under 2 years. That is why it has had problems. If people would have shut their yaps and let M$ work. Then they would have released a product people would have liked. Then again everyone is in a huff cause of the hardware requirements anyways.

So you see. I may not be Steve Balmer. But i do know the difference between the Codename Longhorn builds and the Vista Beta builds. They are not the same OS nor are they even the same coding. They barely even have the same features. There is barely anything in any of the Longhorn builds that has survived to live in Vista. I do know my info about the betas as i have almost all of them and have used them at one point or another.

As i said. I am not ****ed off about the OS. I use it. I am ****ed at people who talk all this stuff about Vista.

Also as a side note. These patches are only for the RTM version of Vista. They are already included in the SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom