First Build Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

3r1c

Baseband Member
Okay so here is my specs for my computer that I just put together.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R 775
Sapphire 2900 Pro 512m
PSU Xclio Great Power 550w
Intel E6750 2.66
2 Gig G-Skill RAM
Seagate 160 Gig Sata Hard DRive
Tuniq Tower 120
DVD Burner Sony Nec

Okay so here's my problem now and I'm pretty disappointed that my computer didn't work properly on the first try. Everything works fans, cpu fans, hard drive, dvd burner, of course PSU, motherboard, EXCEPT MY Sapphire 2900 PRO. When I boot it up the video card works the fan spins and so on. But it didn't display any images. The motherboard seconds later made a 1 long beep and 2 short beeps. I look up on my motherboard manual on the troubleshooting section. And found out it is a monitor or graphics card error. I'm like "!@#$ Don't tell me my video card is defective!!!". So I did this

- Removed the graphics card from motherboard and try to boot it up. Same results 1 long beep and 2 short beeps

- Put video car back into the motherboard and turn it on without the monitor connected. Same thing 1 long beep 2 short beeps.

So can my video card be defective? Cause I'm denying that it isn't. I bought my parts off Newegg.com

Is it common for video cards to haev defective problems? BTW for all of you worrying about the Tuniq Tower fitting inside a Mid Tower case. My Tuniq Tower fits in my Cooler Master Centurion 5 with just little under one inch clearance to spare with the cover on. Not for side fan cases.

Thanks for the help

Eric

Have you tried using another monitor?

Of course it's going to beep, if you took out the graphics card and tried to boot, because there's nothing for the monitor to receive the output.

^^^

Just tried with a different monitor and still no display, same thing 1 long beep 2 shorts beeps. I read a review on Newegg and one customer have the same proble, as me fans spin and the little red LED works except no display.

WOOHOO I forgot that I need to plug in the other 6 pin adaptor to the video card sicne I was confused that it was a 8 pin. WOO my computer so fast!!!

I always forget about that 8-pin PCIe. Anyway, glad to hear it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom