Just Finished Building New Computer... And It Won't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel-Zero

In Runtime
Hey,

I just finished installing a Q6600, Gigabyte P35-DS4 and 2 gb of DDR2 800 MHz Geil RAM in my system. I tried starting it up and it worked but without anything coming up on the monitor. I then realised I had forgotten to plug in the 4 pin ATX connector (not molex the square one) to the motherboard. Now that I have connected this the computer will begin to start but then turn off after about 5 seconds without anything coming up on screen at all. I think this may be because my power supply is unable to supply the power needed. it is a 550 Watt Antec True Power 2.0. I have no idea what to do.... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance,

What kind of graphics card etc. your PSU sounds fine, when you say 4 pin atx your refering to your CPU's 12v correct? if nothing is showing up on screen check your internal wiring

I have a 7900 GTX. I doubt its the internal wiring as everything starts up minus any display on screen untill I plug in the 12V ATX connection. However I will take a look at it and make sure. Any other ideas?

check to see if your heatsink is installed correctly. if it's not, your CPU might get too hot and it will shut down to prevent damage.

I'll give it a go but the computer shuts down very very fast like after 5 seconds I don't think the CPU would have adequate time to heat up to a critical temperature...

I just tried disconnecting the Hard Drive, CD Drive and left only 1 stick of RAM in the system and it worked. This is great but I have no idea what to do now....

Put everything back together, unplug the computer and hit the power button to clear any charge. Wait about 10 seconds, plug it in and wait 15-30 seconds and turn it back on. It worked for me when I was having a similar problem.

Didn't work ><. I have connected everything except the second stick of RAM now and get to the windows installation (my keyboard and mouse aren't working I don't think). However, it turns off during windows installation at various points each time. ARGHH!!!!!

The mobo could be slightly ****ed, or its the PSU, hunt around ur house for one or buy a cheapo one, if the cheapo one works then replace your current one

Didn't work ><. I have connected everything except the second stick of RAM now and get to the windows installation (my keyboard and mouse aren't working I don't think). However, it turns off during windows installation at various points each time. ARGHH!!!!!

The only thing I can think:

If using a PS/2 Kb and mouse, use USB, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom