(Vantec VA4-7245 Aeroflow-2)
and also wanted to get some thermal
paste. Is there a difference between
Arctic Silver 3 and Arctic Silver 5?

and.....

whats better Arctic Silver 3 or 5 or
ArcticSilver Ceramique?

thanxs! :)

arctic silver 5>arctic silver 3>ceramique.
that being said, they are ALL excellent thermal pastes and will perform well, much better than any generic paste.

If i were you i would think about that vantec, i have one and it sucks BIG TIME, you can get a better one than that for the same price, if you want the vantec go with the one with the TMD fan it work's a lot better.

k kewl thanx!

ill think about da vantec......
maybe get thermaltake volcano
11. it costs a bit more but ohh well.

does ne1 know ne good quality
socket Ahs and fans that are
pretty cheap?

thanx!
:cool:

the best quality heatsink on the market is the sp-97. it outperforms any other heatsink by far, benchmarks show. you should get the vantec tornado fan to go with it and it will own.

Arctic Ceramique Thermal Compound

The high-density, ceramic-based thermal compound specifically designed for modern high-power CPUs and high-performance heatsinks or water-cooling solutions. Made with micronized aluminum oxide, boron nitride and zinc oxide.Ceramique uses a high-density layered composite of five unique shapes of thermally conductive aluminum oxide, boron nitride and zinc oxide sub-micron particles to maximize particle-to-particle contact area and thermal transfer.This exclusive combination provides performance exceeding most metal based compounds.

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

Introducing Arctic Silver 5 With its unique high-density filling of micronized silver and enhanced thermally conductive ceramic particles, Arctic Silver 5 provides a new level of performance and stability. Now available at Arctic Silver dealers worldwide, Arctic Silver 5 is definitely The New Reference. Arctic Silver 5 is optimized for use between modern high-power CPUs and high performance heatsinks or water-cooling solutions. Arctic Silver 5 uses three unique shapes and sizes of 99.9% pure silver particles to maximize particle-to-particle contact area and thermal transfer. Check out this review or this comparative review for more information.

I would personally use Arctic Silver 5 but thats only because I have used it in the past and its been great!

thanx 4 da info kangaroo!

ceramic paste is cheaper, but
ill prolly end up gettin a 3.5gram tube
of arctic silver 5!

lol....actually if i get it my cpu might
reach 57 degrees lol. :D

newbie88 you know about how much to put on right? It differs depending on the roughness of your heatsink.

Thicker layer of thermal compound for higher roughness, so that the Thermal compound fills the (microscopic) gaps on the heatsink.

Thinner for a smoother heatsink (if it looks more like a glass surface :)) surface.

gee thanx!

i woulda just slapped some on da chip
bit.

how come u know so much bout these
things?

lol thanx again!
:)

I read a LOT, you should ask me about quantum mechanics :p

Put on about a paper thick layer for best results, something thinner for smoother heat sinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom