8800gts 320mb vs HD 2900pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

levon11

Baseband Member
Which video card it better
the 8800gts 320mb
or the Sapphire Radeon HD 2900pro 512mb?

The 2900pro is essentially and underclocked 2900xt. It is currently has the best price/performance ratio of any card (when overclocked to standard 2900xt speeds), thus there is a high demand for them, and a limited quantity. Afaik, ATI is clearing out their old gpu architecture, and the 2900's are being discontinued.

I was in the same dilemma between the two, but it seems I have been getting more votes for the 2900PRO over the 320MB 8800GTS. Clock it up to or close to the 2900XT and you can't beat the price/performance ratio like Infinite said.

The 2900pro is essentially and underclocked 2900xt. It is currently has the best price/performance ratio of any card (when overclocked to standard 2900xt speeds), thus there is a high demand for them, and a limited quantity. Afaik, ATI is clearing out their old gpu architecture, and the 2900's are being discontinued.

infinite, where's ur source?

dunno thats just what wildside and infinite posted about it being "too close to the performance of the XT"

i never said or gave info that said that it's being discontinued. Theinquirer isnt always reliable, but all they said was that the RV670 can outperform the R600. They say that if u use 2-4 RV670, then it can outperform 2 2900 XTs.

am i annoying u? Because i seriously apologize man.

Sorry, as far as I knew from reading around and researching, ATI was trying to clear stock of their old R600 architecture and that's why they were releasing all these 2900 pros at low cost. In any case, read around and you will quickly learn these 2900 pros are in high demand and in very limited quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom