I'm building a new case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know anything about basic drafting on paper? One you have the actual measurements you draft those on paper so you can figure out how to go about gathering the materials as laying out the design. Figure front, left side, right side, top, bottom, and the rear of the case for all panels if you are planning on removable side covers. Along with that will be the main framing, drive bays, etc..

i know how to draft. i've got the measurements on paper. i know the exact dimensions i need.

measure twice, cut once ;)

The paper part will give you the dimensions of everything once calculated while the tooling used will be what the end result turns out to be. For drilling and tapping the holes for fans, drives, and beveling the opening for supply fasteners the bridgeport is a familiar tool at this end. A hand drill wouldn't work for seeing good results.

Ya, it is gonna be quite a project.

If I were in your shoes. I would buy a cheaper case and gut it for parts like hard drive bays, motherboard tray etc...

It depends on how much experience you've had with metal working in general. Another thing is the way the case will be when finished. If you are planning around removable side covers will it open up like a suit case to get at the hardwares? Will it just have one main cover like an old flat top type prebuilt desktop or go vertically like a mini, mid ,or full tower would?

f you used the 120mm drive bays out of the Antec 900 you would have fans on them already. By the time you get through buying the separate parts you will have spend enough for a new case there however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom