e6600 equals q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nu2duo

In Runtime
Just wondering since I've been thinking of upgrading my processor.
Is my current oc'd e6600 equivalent to a stock q6600 in terms of speed and performance? If so, I'll stick with my e6600 until next years price drops of todays newer cpu's.

not really...
q6600 has 4 cpus and the e6600 has only 2.
Your cpu may outperform the quad in current games out right now...but for the games comming out this fall, the quad will win.

If you look at my sig, I have a very low end card. Not for gaming cus I don't game at all. Mostly video editing and htpc kinda stuff that I do.
I'm still curious to know if my oc'd cpu is as fast as a stock quad.
I'm just going to hold on to my e6600 and next year upgrade to a new mobo cpu and mem.

Right now it's probably the same if not better. In the future the quad will be better, but by the time that apps will take of advantage of four cores there will be better quads out

if your doing video editing and such.. quad cores will show a whole lot more performance, especially with encoding speeds and generation times

You are better off to keep your current E6600. Even if you were a gamer I would suggest keeping it. Wait for next year or the following year. The difference that you would notice for what you are currently using your PC for would not be worth the $300 or more upgrade unless you have money to blow. *in which case.. im your best friend*.. lol

Not even close. The Q6600 could outrun an E6850 CPU when both are overclocked. When Q6600 is OCed at 3.6GHz and the E6850 is clocked at 3.8GHz, the Q6600 still beats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom