I'm building a new case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like proper grounding would be the first thing needed. You also have to hold good tolerances on the mounting holes for drives, fans, and the supply. If those are off you won't get too far.

If you have everything all layed out and have the measurements precise I don't see any problems as long as you have the correct tools there. Besides seeing the measurements kept uniform making sure you have everything seeing a good common ground should work out.

lol although you seem perfectly sensible I would just like to remind you that a case ca only be as good as the plan and that you should draw it up on a cad software before ever touching a power tool :D

First you have to have an idea on what the finished project will look like. From there some basic mechanical drafting for each section should get you started off on the right footing. From there it's then simply a matter of getting all materials together.

Know anything about basic drafting on paper? One you have the actual measurements you draft those on paper so you can figure out how to go about gathering the materials as laying out the design. Figure front, left side, right side, top, bottom, and the rear of the case for all panels if you are planning on removable side covers. Along with that will be the main framing, drive bays, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom