low err not so low fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm..... Let me check what fps i get on mine. Im running my setup all at stock settings. I havent checked to see what fps i get on cs:s.

Edit: ahhh I get only 60FPS, no more no less...... hm...... is it being capped to 60?

turn off vertical sync, that caps the FPS at the refresh rate of your monitor, it offers "smoother" video, but it screws up some stuff like mouse movement

turn off vertical sync, that caps the FPS at the refresh rate of your monitor, it offers "smoother" video, but it screws up some stuff like mouse movement

Once again...the FPS of your games are always capped at your monitor's refresh rate regardless of what it says. Vertical Sync is almost always a good idea to use.

i still can't believe this guy is assuming he'll get crappy scores on Crysis.... and unsatisfied with his 120FPS.... if your so determined to see how it does... get the Beta... try it out.. and i'll bet with you get more than 10fps....

how do you turn off vertical sync on the monitor?

Edit: is that the one on the NVidia Control Panel?

I turned it off and I get 60fps on iTunes vizualizer still too. capped 60fps :(

Once again...the FPS of your games are always capped at your monitor's refresh rate regardless of what it says. Vertical Sync is almost always a good idea to use.

no they aren't, what is actually visibly detectable is capped at the refresh rate which is why most pro gamers manually cap their fps 1-2 within the refresh rate, but you can go higher since the gpu hardware allows it

to turn off vsync, either go to your graphics cards control panel and select vsync off in all applications, or go to the game your playing and turn it off

edit::

also, try turning on vsync in css, play for a bit, try aiming

then turn it off and try aiming... much easier, vsync seems to kill aiming and cursor movement

I disagree, vertical sync in some games like CS Source actually messes up mouse movement for some odd reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom