geforce 6600 fan is very loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i ve notticed today that its not my cpu fan that was makin all the noise it was my pny geforce 6600 fan that was makin this high pitch noise and its probably spinning at full rpm constantly.

does anyone else have a problem with that fan beeing really noisy?
is there any upgrades to fullsize fan for that card?

if the temperatures are decently low, just turn the fan speed down, download ntune or rivatuner and set the fan speed to 60% or lower depending on how tolerable your temperatures are

GPU temp is 48 most of the time seems pretty low to me can it be the oil dryin out in the fan because of the dust? i mean its a year old card

GPU temp is 48 most of the time seems pretty low to me can it be the oil dryin out in the fan because of the dust? i mean its a year old card

the oil in the fan what?

you mean a ball bearing/sleeved fan? the oil/lubricant in there isn't accesible by air... its sealed thus you can't refill it yourself

that wouldn't run out for a good 3-7 years

whats your GPU's load temperature? idle means nothing to us

A squealing fan generally means the ball bearing(s) are failing, which will result in lower performance from increased friction, and eventually death. You should replace it soon.

I suggest an Accelero S2 by Arctic Cooling. I have an Accelero S1 (fanless) on my 7900GS and it works very nicely. I'm also using an Accelero X1 (fanned) on my 6800 and it works fine too.

S2 @ NewEgg:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Accelero S2 VGA Cooler - Retail

Optional Fans for S2 @ NewEgg:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Turbo Module Sleeve Dual VGA Fan - Retail

It's fairly simple to install on nVidia cards. My only complaint is the stickiness of the thermal pads (memory) is poor. But I think the adhesive is thermally activated.

A squealing fan generally means the ball bearing(s) are failing, which will result in lower performance from increased friction, and eventually death. You should replace it soon.

I suggest an Accelero S2 by Arctic Cooling. I have an Accelero S1 (fanless) on my 7900GS and it works very nicely. I'm also using an Accelero X1 (fanned) on my 6800 and it works fine too.

S2 @ NewEgg:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Accelero S2 VGA Cooler - Retail

Optional Fans for S2 @ NewEgg:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Turbo Module Sleeve Dual VGA Fan - Retail

It's fairly simple to install on nVidia cards. My only complaint is the stickiness of the thermal pads (memory) is poor. But I think the adhesive is thermally activated.

I'm pretty sure he means the high pitched whine that fast moving single slot reference coolers make... they sound like a little squeaky toy (exageratted) just turn the fan speed down

hey kube thanks for the advice i bught both arctic cooling fro cpu and gpu and its quieter than my laptop now and tems are waaay down compared to stock

my cpu temp was at around 45 and dropped to 30

and gpu temp was49 and dropped to 41 with no fan on gpu heatsink

and i only have one more case fan goin so its pretty good drop at idle tems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom