sound hardware not registering

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoso357

Solid State Member
Hey, I apologize if you guys take offense to new members making new topics.

anyways, here's my problem:

I've been using the icemat siberia headset and sound card for a couple months, and before that I was using the on-board sound of my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3.

A few days ago, my pc crashed and when I got it running again, if I tried to run any mp3's or sound files at all, it wouldn't work, and if I try to go to my volume panel, it just gives me a "no active mixers available" error. I searched this up and found that some people go to run>services.msc>windows audio, then try restarting it and making sure it's set to auto. mine already was but I tried stopping and restarting it. this never worked for me, and I've tried that, plus reinstalling drivers serveral times. I tried with both the icemat usb soundcard and the motherboards sound, and when I check my sound, speech and audio devices, there's nothing registered there and it's greyed out.

I tried a system restore which didn't help, and I really don't want to reformat right now.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Go into your device manager, if there is that little yellow exclamation point in the Sound section then you'll know what the problem is, but from the scenario you've described its as if you don't even have a sound card plugged in right?

Try installing Windows drivers for it, then upgrade the drives through the device manager.

Through Control Panel, go to Add new hardware. Click next, it will search for new devices, then when it prompts you, tell it that you have already connected the device. Then tell it that you will install the hardware manually from a list. Click audio devices and under Standard System Devices, install all the audio drivers on that list. Reboot and *hopefully* you'll have sound. If you do, problem solved and then go on ahead and upgrade it to the manufacturer's drivers.

Let me know how it goes.

it appears I'm getting the exact same errors, but in device manager, instead of the list of sound/video devices being what they were, now its got double and triple of some of them.

my onboard sound didn't work on my gigabyte ga-m55sli-s4 and I fixed it by plugging in the ac97 (front case audio) into the board, otherwise make sure the jumpers are on it, for some reason, the onboard sound didnt function without the jumpers or actual plugs

I think those audio jumpers are for the CD drive, otherwise integrated sound shouldn't require and physical configuration.

Sorry, through the device manager, uninstall everything related to sound, then go through the steps that I've provided.

I think those audio jumpers are for the CD drive, otherwise integrated sound shouldn't require and physical configuration.

Sorry, through the device manager, uninstall everything related to sound, then go through the steps that I've provided.

what? the board came stock with jumpers on the f_audio... thus once I removed them (I was going to install the front audio, but was too lazy) my sound stopped, no more driver recognition or anything

I posted somewhere and was told to either plug in the f_audio cables or to put the jumpers back on

Thats interesting. So you have audio jacks in the front of your case and in the back?

well yeah, I have the onboard sound jacks ( on my motherboard, comes out through the back in the IO panel )

and I've got the ones on the front end of my case, they have cables which plug in to the motherboard, known as either AC97, AC97_HD or some intel method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom