Check out my rig :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
That power supply is probably a little more expensive than what you need, though I'm not the PSU expert, so I'll let someone else deal with that.

You could downgrade to the the DS3L unless you need the RAID capabilities of the DS3R.

The EVGA brand of the video card you chose is cheaper, and I *love* EVGA. I doubt I'd buy a different brand even if EVGA was more expensive, but in this case, it seems to be cheaper.

All around seems good though.

Edit: No, the 8600GT seems better. (though I'm not sure by how much)

for DX10 go with the 8600gts as i'm positive its better, but i'm not an expert on that GT
and definatly go with the 520hx instead of that 620

The DS3C is not worth the money, downgrade to a DS3R instead. The DS3L could be all you need as well. The X1900GT is more powerful than the 8600GT, especially with DX10 enabled. That PSU as stated is a huge overkill....its about double the amps your actually going to use.

I suggest a more budget PSU such as the Rosewill RP550. If you want a little more amps (although I doubt you will ever need them) go for the Corsair 550VX

I'd say the 8600GT would be a fine card, but the X1900GT would be a decent card for DX10. As for the PSU, you can either get this Corsair 520HX @ ZZF link for a cheaper price rather then at Newegg.

I still don't suggest such an expensive PSU for his build....a Rosewill RP550 is plenty powerful enough for it.

Actually this is the one I have, the upgraded version and it has 3 free day shipping at the moment making it cheaper.

Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550V2-S-SL 550W SLI Ready-ATX12V V2.01 Power Supply 115/230 V CSA,UL,TUV,FCC - Retail

EDIT: Also if you NEED DX10...and you want a DX10 card then spend the extra 20 bucks and get the 8600GTS
Newegg.com - MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-OC GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

However the X1900GT is a very good card for the money

the psu is fine if he's gonna be upgrading to a better cpu later.. and i'm sure a better gpu... and phucng... that x1900 can't use dx10.. so it won't do anything dx10... lol go for the 8600 if you wanna use dx10 in anything

but in my opinion i suggest the x1900pro if you can afford that... won't do dx10.. but i don't think you'll be doing much dx10 gaming on an 8600gt anyway

The 620HX is WAY overkill for his build though...the 620hx can handle quad-cores and SLI Ultras, hard drives galore, you name it. The 520HX is way overkill even so this is why the 550VX is a good choice for upgradability....however the RP550 can handle an overclocked quad-core and 8800Ultra if it had to (just barley heh) so this is why it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom