2gb's or 3gb's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
I currently have 2gb's of ram in my computer right now. Would it be worth the 33$ to get another gig of ram to have a total of 3gb's. I want 4gigs of ram but i don't want 64bit windows so 4gigs is out of the question. Will i notice a big performance boost in games and multitasking and things like that?

not a big performance boost, small, i would get it only because new games now require 2 as a minimum, therefore 3 in the near future for recommended

If you have XP...2GB is plenty enough. Even in Vista only one or two games "use" more than 2GB and they are only in beta.

I say use because they could use more memory but they don't see a huge performance increase with more than that really though.

If you have XP...2GB is plenty enough. Even in Vista only one or two games "use" more than 2GB and they are only in beta.

I say use because they could use more memory but they don't see a huge performance increase with more than that really though.

agreed...

not a big performance boost, small, i would get it only because new games now require 2 as a minimum, therefore 3 in the near future for recommended

Even if the game require 2 as a minimum there are various performance guide of recent games like Bioshock and World in Conflict that shows no boost or gaining between 2GB, 3GB or even 4GB meaning they run the same as 2GB "counterparts".

The only one that is said to use more than 2GB ic Crysis Beta 3, whether or not it actually gets a performance increase with more I don't know.

Heh playing the tabula rasa beta on xp pro is using 50% of my 3.5gb (4 installed 3.5 seen). So alot of newer games are definately going to take advantage of the memory being there. Not to mention all the other crap running in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom