Temps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE...thats really bad wire management...clean that out...a lot of ppl on this forum have modded their antec 900, they should be able to help you out.

And when i reseat my hsf, i just leave the cpu on...
make sure to apply a pea dot shaped size of thermal paste.

I'm aware it's really bad... Not really anything I can do with it w/ a non-modular PSU, and I don't have any tools to mod my Antec 900.

And aren't you supposed to do a vertical line of thermal paste with a dual core, rather than a dot?

I'm aware it's really bad... Not really anything I can do with it w/ a non-modular PSU, and I don't have any tools to mod my Antec 900.

And aren't you supposed to do a vertical line of thermal paste with a dual core, rather than a dot?

well, i just do a dot, and do a small twist with the hsf....

a spread is ok , but make sure its really thin.
The paste is non conductive so its nothing to worry about but make sure not too much is applied.

Ah, ****... When I took my AF7 off... the thermal pad that was attached the bottom came off, and is stuck to my CPU now... How should I scrape it off? With just like a plastic knife or plastic spoon or something and throw it away?

Edit: wow..nvm..I realize I am now officially retarded >.<... I thought it was a pad that came off, but when I looked at it closer, it was actually the heatspreaker on the CPU.... *bangs forehead against wall*

Ok....got done putting on the new thermal grease/reseating my hs/f. Now I just have to wait for the 200hr break-in period that AS suggests. But, I have a question... CoreTemp and Everest show different temps. Like right now when I'm pretty much at idle, Everest shows: (an average of) 11C and 16C for both of my cores, and CoreTemp shows: (an average of) 10C and 12C. So which is right and which should I trust more? I'm going to check the BIOS idle temp too, and see which temp is closer to the BIOS's reading.

those temps are incorrect unless it is like 45*F in your room.
10*C = 50*F
theres no way your temp is lower than the ambient temperature of your room using air cooling. unless maybe you have an AC duct attached to it.

When my pc idles at 19 with core temps and everests reading, its 26-28 in my bios.

So trust your bios more...

@nagasama: well the BIOS must be wrong then too, because CoreTemp is reading about the same as the BIOS when I looked (around 22-25).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom