New Computer, not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvisk

Solid State Member
Hello all,

just joined today, but have been stealing your thoughts for a week or so.

i just recieved my computer from cyberpowerpc.

specs,

asus extreme 680i
intel qx6850
4 gb (4x1) mushkin xtreme
8800 ultra
killer m1
x-fi fatal1ty
74gb raptor
500gb maxtor

supposed to be vista premium 64 bit.

heres the problem, i go to turn the computer on, and i get to the opening screen, it says Giant G in boxes, below it, republic of gamers or something, then striker extreme, then like hit tab to enter setup, or delete to enter whatever.

i have a monitor plugged, in, G15 keyboard, via usb, razor copperhead via usb, and speakers.

the keyboard does not turn on, i tried to use an old keyboard which fits in the keyboard slot, but that doesnt work either.

the mouse lights up, but not the keyboard. i know the keyboard works, i plugged it in to this laptop.

so far ive tried to take out the sound card and the eithernet card, i also switched out the ram to see if it was faulty ram. ive also turned it off, took out motherboard battery for 70 minutes to try and reset it, and ive tried to reset the MB with the reset button, still no dice, and same screen.

i can set it back, but who knows when i will get it back again.

if theres anyway to fix it without sending it back, that would be the best. thanks alot for your help

bigvisk

Welcome to Tech-Forums!

This is the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard correct? Well if it is, it seems to be running on USB. Have you tried to connect the keyboard to all of your USB ports?

check the USB Port... try another Port... and see if the USB Headers are setup.....

wait... i reread this thing... is the Keyboard just not working... or is it freezing at that screen?

it doesnt even boot up.

cant check the device manager

keyboard does work, just not on this computer.

a mouse plugged in to the usb ports works, but the keyboard doesnt turn on.

the keyboard works when plugged in to my laptop, just not the desktop.

additionally, a standard keyboard does not work either.

the comp powers up, and sits at opening screen, A big block G, made of cubes, green and white. below the G, a republic of Gamers, below that, Striker Extreme, below that, it reads "press del to enter setup, press tab to display bios post message." thats it. the mouse powers up (blue lights on it light up, but the keyboard doesnt light up or turn on at all) again, keyboard is G15 (but standard keyboard doesnt work either)

can you even get into your bios?
In my bios i have to goto integrated pereph... and enable keyboard support.
Try that.

how can i get into the bios if the keyboard doesnt work???

if there is another way, let me know, ill try it. id rather not pay for shipping and handling back, but thats whatd id have to do, then they would fix it and mail it back, but it could take a long time. 3-4 weeks at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom