Tempuratures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i find that out?

run a program such as

Orthos

or

Prime95

to stress your CPU, once its been running for a good 5 minutes or so, tell us what your temperatures are then

your motherboard won't really fluctuate in temperatures unless the stuff around it starts catching on fire...

your HDD might get a bit hotter under stress such as when disk defragmenting, but it won't be dangerous since you don't overclock a hard drive

to stress the GPU, either run a game for 30 minutes and then alt-tab to see the temperature, or run ATITool's 3d View until the max temperature is reached

I ran Orthos the other night...and my CPU was running at about 70 o_O Is that not-so-good =\. That's all stock settings on an e6750, and an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 hs/f.

I ran Orthos the other night...and my CPU was running at about 70 o_O Is that not-so-good =\. That's all stock settings on an e6750, and an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 hs/f.

check your thermal paste and make sure the hs/f is seated correctly

70 seems very high for a dual core?

The AF7 has pre-applied MX-1 thermal paste, and I'm pretty sure the hs/f was seated right...I'll have to check again I suppose =\.

Edit: also, according to BIOS, my temp is usually around 27.

Ok so i ran Orthos for 5 mins, and my temp was 52C w/stock intel cooler.
so if i get a tuniq or zalman will it go down alot, cuz i dont know if i should overclock with a stock cooler.

That's a fine load for stock cooling. If you overclock, you will need to get a Tuniq, which will help drop the temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom