All the new chipsets/Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet

In Runtime
I have a few questions about all the chipsets that will be available pretty soon here. Like the X38 and the nvidia based 780i. Anyone know the main advantages between these and any other chipsets that are coming out? For my build i was looking at the aus P5k Deluxe but am wondering if i should just wait the month to see what these newb MB's will offer.

you really shouldn't those things will be pricey... but those will have PCI-e 2.0, and native ddr3 support also with ddr2

to wait? The x38 is out and it's got nothing over the P35 chipset except for PCI-Express 2.0 support, which is useless as GPUs havent even come close to maxing out PCI-express 1.0

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure lately cards have came close to maxing out PCI-E 1.0?

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure lately cards have came close to maxing out PCI-E 1.0?

Why would you think that? They released an X1950XT in AGP which finally maxed out the AGP bandwidth I believe, since PCI-E has double the bandwidth I believe we still have a ways more to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom