what is the best bang for the buck CPU right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey b1g lemme know how well that e2 runs. I'm really debating on buying one with a cheap p35 board and nabbing 2gb of memory out of my machine rather than use my amd 2800 for my htpc. Also, sirius, my 8800 gts 320 might be going up for sale in the near future. I'm -seriously- debating on picking up an ultra while they are down near the 500 dollar mark. Actually what i plan on doing is buying one from Best buy and having them do the 110% price match from the microcenter add. That would net me a 504 dollar ultra, well plus tax. Also 6 months no interest financing with my best buy card :)

Ugh upon inspection, it doesnt look like best buy carries EVGA so im SOL on that front. Circuit city has the same card as the one on sale at microcenter, anyone know if they offer any type of pricematching?

and for your information, I don't believe best buy price matches microcenter. They wouldn't even price match Frys.com for me

Ya, best buy doesnt carry the card, but it was a good idea anyway. I'm gonna check around and maybe call circuit city and see if they pricematch. Especially because the card is 669 bucks at CC and if they do a 110% thats 548. At least that covers the tax.

so when will you know if you're selling the 8800 GTS? will you know by tonight because I'm placing the order tonight :D

Heh, probably not, if anything it'll be later this month. Just spent 400 bucks on a plane ticket to go home for thanksgiving so i kinda need to wait until the 24th for my credit card billing cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom