what is the best bang for the buck CPU right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
b1gapl - What would you recommend for a good bang for the buck video card? I'm thinking of either just purchasing te 8800 GTS or going with a bang for the buck and saving up for a ULTRA down the road. thanks by the way.

The best bang for your buck graphic cards, from low to high....my guess is:

7600GT > 7900GS > X1950XT > 8800GTS 320MB....the HD 2900Pro is probably at the same level, and will also drop in price, after a month or so.

I think it will, if you can get it up to 3.6GHz...I mean 3.6GHz for $90? That's bang for your buck right there. 3.3-3.6GHz, I think is the average for them.

I'm keeping my e6400, and selling the Q6600 to nosboost.

planning on a Yorkfield???

:)

your gonna need to redo your sig then eh?

but imagine your 3dmark06 score with an Ultra Awesome TR 120 Extreme and a 3.8ghz clocked e2180 :)

lol...But I don't plan on buying a good graphic card, for a long time. I'm happy with my 7600GT. I'm selling my brand new X1950PRO.

lol...But I don't plan on buying a good graphic card, for a long time. I'm happy with my 7600GT. I'm selling my brand new X1950PRO.

your selling you x1950pro too??? wait its brand new??? i thought you reused it since your last build and i also thought u were getting a x1950xt til the better dx 10 cards are out...

your selling you x1950pro too??? wait its brand new??? i thought you reused it since your last build and i also thought u were getting a x1950xt til the better dx 10 cards are out...

I decided not to go for the XT, since I'm not gaming.

My X1950PRO is new because, my previous one had a defect last week. And the egg sent me a new replacement.

Hey b1g lemme know how well that e2 runs. I'm really debating on buying one with a cheap p35 board and nabbing 2gb of memory out of my machine rather than use my amd 2800 for my htpc. Also, sirius, my 8800 gts 320 might be going up for sale in the near future. I'm -seriously- debating on picking up an ultra while they are down near the 500 dollar mark. Actually what i plan on doing is buying one from Best buy and having them do the 110% price match from the microcenter add. That would net me a 504 dollar ultra, well plus tax. Also 6 months no interest financing with my best buy card :)

Ugh upon inspection, it doesnt look like best buy carries EVGA so im SOL on that front. Circuit city has the same card as the one on sale at microcenter, anyone know if they offer any type of pricematching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom