Not sure if I have a motherboard or memory problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chosenbkr

Solid State Member
Hello peoples, I am trying to determine if I have a memory or motherboard problem running on XP professional.

After researching varies driver and memory related error messages noted on the blue screen of troubleshooting ( I actually find the screen helpful rather than a complaint) and then researching them with varies logical assumptions, I find myself asking more knowledgeable folks.

1. I Had memory and driver related errors messages I decoded from event logs, etc through searches and on Microsoft knowledge section.

Those error messages were very board and not specific.

2. I tried to reformat my partition but wasn't able to. Why?

Operation system files refused to upload to my partition. I got what others have toward this issue with messages stating, this file cannot be included with the rest.

If anyone has advice on whether I have a memory or motherboard problem please display.

Thank You.

Look up WinDBG and set it up on your computer. There should be tutorials on how to set it up properly out there, but if you can use this tool correctly, it'll tell you exactly what is causing your problem.

Well to test your memory, go download MemTest86, burn it to a CD, boot off of it, and run the test I believe for at least 4hrs (the longer the better actually), and make sure NO errors are reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom