A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fais7

Baseband Member
1. Why is the Gigabyte GeForce 8500 GT so cheap if it belongs to the 8000 series.....Is it any good for basic gaming and connecting the TV to the pc...

2. Will the Gigabyte P35-DS3L support the following effectively
A 8500/7600 graphics and a Tv tuner [like a MSI TV@nywhere]

3. If Will the Asus P5KC be a better option than the Gigabyte....

4. The sales guy tried to convince me to get the E4500 over the E4400, as the price difference is not much.....is the E4500 better, if so why does everyone seem to prefer the E4400...

Thanks.....

1. It is cheap, because it is a very low end graphic card. It's not good for gaming in general. But I believe, it's good for media.

2. Yes.

3. You don't need the P5KC, since having DDR3 slots, it's not worth looking into. DS3L will match fine, with the E4500 (see below...).

4. The $10 or so plus, compared to the E4400, the E4500 has a 11x multiplier, as opposed to the E4400's 10x multiplier. Which will come in handy, especially when overclocking.

so the 8500GT is useless even when not dealing with high end games cause I'm looking to get it for a friend who being a girl does just prefers playing Sims, Flight Simulators, NFS etc.....

Another question, is it really worth investing in a 1066Mhz FSB processor.....

Or even the 7600GT.

As for investing in a 1066MHz FSB CPU, or C2D....they're very affordable. Or you can get the cheaper models, which are 800 FSB, such as the E2140.

so why make the 8500GT in the first place if its soo useless for gaming...??
It cant be that bad....

I've already decided on the e4400 or E4500....just wondering if I should go for a E6000 series versio....

if this guy wants to overclock... check out the e2180, its definitely worth the 90$ !!!]

agreed with saltynay and b1gapl.. the low end 8 series.... stink.. unless its for a Media System....

the 8500 is designed for a htpc i.e. playing high definition videos in a media centre conditions it is passively cooled meaning it is silent running and cheap. it is not designed to be a gaming card it is designed for video playback, the 8600gt is a cross between the 8500 and a 8800gts it is a low end gaming video play back card not designed for max setting playing but rather the media centre with casual gaming on new games but at low settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom