Clean up rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolygoofy

Solid State Member
I'm wondering what rate I should expect for a computer clean up and check up. I have my Windows Genuine with Norton 2005. The tech wants to do these things listed below and charge me $100.00 US dollars, I'm in Miami, Florida. If the price is right is there anything that is missing from the list below.

Windows is up to date with all the updates. I don't have any virus and the virus definitions are up to date. My firewall is up. Look for adware and spyware. Check my start up list and take out anything that is not necessary. Do a Disk Cleanup. ScanDisk. Defragment. Dust Off the inside of the computer. Create a System Restore.

:O $100 for just that?!?! man i dont know why i have a job clearly i can be living the easy life.

basically just google each of those and youll find a guide on how to do it yourself. no way should u waste that money, athough i guess its standard.

all of you have to do is start those programs and then leave for a little bit and the dusting part you can easily do it yourself

I do that stuff for people at work for free. If they slip me a $20 or two, I'll take it, of course.

use crap cleaner. defrag. run disc cleanup, then delete all but the most recent restore point.

My routine...

• Run Spybot and Ad Aware, and clean up the adware/spyware.
  • Run MSCONFIG and nix all unneeded items.
  • Run a good, i.e. not Norton or McAfee, antivirus scan (I normally use Nod32).
  • Update Windows.
  • Update any drivers that need it.
  • Install a third-party defragger (I prefer O&O) and defrag.
  • Clean up the registry with something like CCleaner.
  • Clean up the desktop by either making folders for categories of stuff or with a dock. I always put a ReadMe file in the folder with the shortcuts for the anti-spywares, AV, defragger, etc, telling them how to update and how often to run them.
  • Install whatever extra the person wants (games, apps, whatever).
  • Clean out the insides of the PC somewhere along the way.

I've probably forgotten some stuff, but that's the basics. I usually spread it out over several days, and have it doing it while I'm on my machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom