Big-ticket sli / crossfire setups worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sora what happened to 3.6?
and wildside what exactly is the price range estimate on the 2950pro?

according to theinquirer.net, they say that the price is ranged from $229-$279. The 2950 Pro is considered a mid-range card, but i like it how it has a 55nm die n is PCI-E 2.0.

sora what happened to 3.6?
and wildside what exactly is the price range estimate on the 2950pro?

I lowered my FSB a tiny and added another .1v to my RAM so I was able to get Cas latency 4 instead of 5. I figured one lower Cas would help more than a fraction of a ghz

wait, thats cheaper than the 2900pro

ya...........it also is single slot, has 256mb of GDDR3 RAM instead of 512mb, n supports DX10.1.

check these two articles urself:

ATI's RV670 can beat R600 - The INQUIRER

"Real purpose is to offer more than decent performance in playing the latest titles with all the details plugged to the max. If one card is not enough, AMD will support two, three and four graphics cards in a single system. The load of four RV670 boards will be less than two 2900XT boards, so the difference is striking."

RV670 clocks are not yet defined - The INQUIRER

"Prototype board with RV670XT markings, that was leaked by several vendors sported a TDP of 132 Watts, and had GPU clocked all the way to 825 MHz, with GDDR4 memory working at 1.2 GHz (2.4 GT/s), while RV670 Pro prototype came with GPU clocked at 750 MHz, and GDDR3 memory was working at 900 MHz (1.8 GT/s). This board has TDP of around 104W."

another thing too, b1gapl had a thread from a source with info that the RV670 will be dual-core GPU but im not entirely sure this is going to be fact or not. If so, then the RV670 might be able to beat the R600 after all.

the RV670 is speculated to come out Q1 2008, according to dailytech.com. The RV670 will have 256mb of GDDR3 memory clocked at 900MHz.

DailyTech - AMD Preps "R600" Die-shrink

"According to early board partners, including MSI, the GPU comes clocked at 600MHz and features 320 stream processors -- the same featured on the Radeon HD 2900 series. However, test boards make use of 256MB of Hynix GDDR3 900MHz memory -- R600-based boards feature 512MB and 1GB GDDR3 or GDDR4."

It's not an opinion. I speak from experience.

However, the beta is only single threaded so I'm sure the retail version will perform better as its multithreaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom