Help - VGA gone CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again people are jumping to conclusions, how come now one asks him about his video card or anything.... come on people hardware first, then software when the problem originates as a hardware issue.

I think that you might have settings on the game that your card cant handle for some reason, because that happened to me when I set my Quake III Arena some really high resolution and it did that, so I suggesting going to the video settings and changing them and see if that changes anything.

I am almost 100% sure that it has nothing to do with a virus, but after you do what I recommend it wouldnt hurt to much to do a virus scan.

"Loading... (Answer the call...)"

ManAtBay said:
HERE ARE My Sytem Specs:

Asus P4c800 DELUXE
2 x Twinx Corsair PC2100 DDR400 256mb
Use integrated 3com sound
Ethernet internet connection
ATI 9800 PRO Saphire 128mb AGP 8x

// Oh - and windows won't let me enable AGP 2x,4x, or 8x
VERY WEIRD

THIGNS I've TRIED:

Low level formating HD's [3]
A lot of drivers both ATI and Omega
Added a lot of fans to case and new fan to GPU and slot fan right below.

PLEASE HELP

Good question 'str8lazy'

Since you're using a ASUS type motherboard, You must have some sort of 'Plug & Play' modular BIOS. So the answer might likeley lie in there...
Try accessing the bios setup, and turn whatever video BOIS shadow might be on of. Then make shure that the AGP 2X (or 4X) support is on.

I'm still researching that strange video problem.... :cool:

Try to update the MBD chipset drivers. I know, for example, VIA had some serious problems with ATI. Needed the 4in1 MBD chipset drivers for its miniport AGP, that solved many troubles right there.

ManAtBay said:
HERE ARE My Sytem Specs:

Asus P4c800 DELUXE
2 x Twinx Corsair PC2100 DDR400 256mb
Use integrated 3com sound
Ethernet internet connection
ATI 9800 PRO Saphire 128mb AGP 8x

You have an Intel 875P chipset but you have PC2100 RAM...
Do you mean PC3200?

If your RAM is only PC2100 that could be the problem... maybe you are pushing it too much.

Otherwise I would try to get hold of a different card, if a different card works RMA your one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom