Good FPS rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corection sir, 30fps and 60fps for this generation of console games.

To the OP- IMO, 60fps+ for shooters and 40+ for RTS and whatnot.

In games like CS, the more the better.

as i said, im not to sure, but thanks for the correction.

Nooooooooooo problem duder! I think 1080p games are at 30fps and 720 are at 60fps, it could be visa versa, I don't know.

FYI, I dig your build dude. 8800 Ultra = Pwnage

thanks!

Its my first official complete build and im proud of it!
And it got this good with the help of TF members...

i think our eyes can only capture about 30fps anyways...so anything beyond that will look the same.
All consoles have their games at 30fps.

I like to play games which have an fps of 35+

I don't know why this is a common misconception, you can try it out yourself and prove it false. Load up CS source and limit the fps to 30, and then limit it to 60 ( assuming your system can even run it, since it isnt a very demanding game ) and you can clearly tell the difference.

Heres my levels-

20-30 barely playable, not enjoyable
30-60 decent enough, thought your still at a disadvantage
60+ not only will you have no disadvantage in games, but you will find them much more enjoyable to look at

in FPS games frames per second definately matters the most. Trust me people your at a disadvantage if your running CS source at 30 fps and the other guy is running it at 70 fps, it makes aiming considerably more harder not even factoring in the cml_rates here.

BTW for people who dont know, most console games all run at 30 fps, even new generation console games ( gears of war runs at 30 fps on xbox360, compared to 100+ fps for the PC version ). All the console players get used to it...but not me...I dont settle for anything less then 60 fps...

BTW your eyes cannot tell more then 60-70ish FPS I believe, thats the levels where the smoothness is no longer differentiable to me

I don't know why this is a common misconception, you can try it out yourself and prove it false. Load up CS source and limit the fps to 30, and then limit it to 60 ( assuming your system can even run it, since it isnt a very demanding game ) and you can clearly tell the difference.

Heres my levels-

20-30 barely playable, not enjoyable
30-60 decent enough, thought your still at a disadvantage
60+ not only will you have no disadvantage in games, but you will find them much more enjoyable to look at

in FPS games frames per second definately matters the most. Trust me people your at a disadvantage if your running CS source at 30 fps and the other guy is running it at 70 fps, it makes aiming considerably more harder not even factoring in the cml_rates here.

BTW for people who dont know, most console games all run at 30 fps, even new generation console games ( gears of war runs at 30 fps on xbox360, compared to 100+ fps for the PC version ). All the console players get used to it...but not me...I dont settle for anything less then 60 fps...

BTW your eyes cannot tell more then 60-70ish FPS I believe, thats the levels where the smoothness is no longer differentiable to me

Yeah 30 is definately noticable, it's really only acceptable on flight simulator... I've noticed that halo3 and gears run choppy on my monitor but look smooth as silk on my tv, odd?

Yeah 30 is definately noticable, it's really only acceptable on flight simulator... I've noticed that halo3 and gears run choppy on my monitor but look smooth as silk on my tv, odd?

you need a high resolution to really tell details like 30 fps. Your monitor gave you that high resolution to tell that the game was lagging, while your tv hided it nicely. Console gamers are so ignorant...they claim new gen consoles have better graphics then PCs yet fail to realize their running at 30 fps...with probably less details too!

I played Halo 2 the other day on X-box and was shocked at how incredibly laggy the game seemed, I asked someone why it was so laggy and they said they didn't notice lol....PC games look sooooo much smooth, especially FPS games.

I like constant fps more than high fps. I'm fine with 40fps constant and prefer that to something that jumps up and down.

I played Halo 2 the other day on X-box and was shocked at how incredibly laggy the game seemed, I asked someone why it was so laggy and they said they didn't notice lol....PC games look sooooo much smooth, especially FPS games.

this describes my feelings EXACTLY....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom