Outlook Express Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibe

Solid State Member
Ok, so I've been using Outlook for my email for a long time. I'm connected to Verizon as my isp so I've checked over all those settings and they're ok.

The main problem is, on one of the accounts, I cannot recieve email. I don't know what the problem is. I've sent test emails to myself and never recieved them, I've tried every setting throughout the menu's also. I just can't recieve mail with that one account. It's also my main one so I'm at a loss here.

Another problem is that OE takes a fairly long time to start up. I never remembered it taking that long to start. Probably around a minute to start, then if I want to switch accounts, it takes around another minute. It just seems like to long of a pause.

Like I said, I've been through almost all, if not all, the settings and I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi,

On this account that appears to not receive incoming e-mails...

I've sent test emails to myself and never recieved them

are you sending the e-mails through this account when testing? Or through another account?

Do you get an kind of error message when either checking or sending mail that mentions this account? If so what is the exact error message?

Do you have the option to access the account through a web interface to check whether the account is actually recieving the e-mails - thus narrowing the problem down to the client?

Also - have you consulted the provider of this account on this matter?

Daf

try this

tools>acount>your email>property>server>send email server>setup>same as receive server

I have seen emails not come in because of the sent and deleted folders being full....clear out your sent and deleted folders and see what happens.

Hi,

On this account that appears to not receive incoming e-mails...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've sent test emails to myself and never recieved them
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you sending the e-mails through this account when testing? Or through another account?

Do you get an kind of error message when either checking or sending mail that mentions this account? If so what is the exact error message?

Do you have the option to access the account through a web interface to check whether the account is actually recieving the e-mails - thus narrowing the problem down to the client?

Also - have you consulted the provider of this account on this matter?

Daf

Yes, I'm using a different emails to test it.

No, I do not recieve any error messages when sending/recieving.

I don't believe I have acess through a web interface, I might be able to figure something out, but I doubt it.

And no, I've not consulted my provider as of yet.

tools>acount>your email>property>server>send email server>setup>same as receive server

Yes, I've checked that setting and everything seems to ok in that area.

I have seen emails not come in because of the sent and deleted folders being full....clear out your sent and deleted folders and see what happens.

I like to keep things organised so I do not have any folders full right now. The most I have is in my "Keepers" folder and that has about 10 important reciepts in it.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom