DCLCD DCL24A by Sceptre 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO go with the samsung 24". I'v never had a problem with any samsung product, that 24" has billions of good reviews. (ok not BILLIONS lol). But it is a tag more expensive.

hmm but is it too good to be true? i see other 24" lcd that are like 1000:1 contrast ratio and 5 ms response time for like over $500 but that DCLCD is like 4000:1 contrast ratio and 2 ms response time and it's cheaper than the samsungs or acers or viewsonics which makes me kinda feel it might have lots of dead pixels or they don't have any warranty or it might malfunction in like in few weeks for in a month or so. so should i get it or not?

for the monitor i want it doesn't need to have all those features like usb or memory card reader. i just want plain one like that dclcd which has vga and dvi and sound which i probably won't use the sound.

I believe that the 4000:1 number is the dynamic ratio although in reality it would usually 1000:1 . I've been told that dynamic contrast ratios don't really mean squat and is just a number to try to impress a potential buyer.

It looks like the majority is leaning towards that samsung monitor, thanks for all the input everyone, appreciated.

i personally would take a 22'' sceptre over the 226bw because after MIR the sceptre is $200
:edit: wait now its $230, but it was $200, still good price for 22'' 2ms 1000:1
i'd expect the price/performance to be around the same for 24''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom