Can I get a w00t w00t? My semi new build! Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
So I'm stoked. As some of you regular posters/forum creepers may know, I've been having some fun overclocking my rig and have ran into some troubles. Needless to say I was less then impressed with what my last motherboard could handle. So I said bye bye to that. I also ordered some new memory, better overclocking memory.

Also, my case ran rather hot. I have an overclcoked 8 series video card with an overclocked quad core. Needless to say the rig's going to pump out heat. My old case was less then sufficient with air flow, so I opted for a new one. I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I also didn't want to get some crappy one that has worse air flow then my last case. I will go watercooling, but no for awhile.

So what did I do? I bought a case with a 250mm fan blowing in on the side of it. Yes. A 250mm fan. First, here are some pics of the new set-up-

S7300112.jpg

S7300111.jpg

S7300113.jpg

I'm pretty stoked on it. I spent some time with wire managment. Sleeved my SATA cables, spent some time with the power cables as well. I could of taken some more time and done more of a tidey job, but this is temporary.

What are my new temps you may be thinking?

goodtemps.jpg

That's idle of course. I've yet to have looked at load temps. But these temps are roughly 5-10 degrees cooler then what I had with my older case, so I'm guessing load temps are quite a bit less.

I've been considering going a bit higher with my memory. Or maybe running my memory at 1066 and run tighter timings, but I'm not sure yet.

Any advice on wirings, a better case, or good watercooling would be appreciated.

Awesome pics, Otis. Wire management is 8/10. Case is lookin' good. Pretty nice overclock.

Thanks! Those overclcoks aren't final yet. I'm still working on the proc and getting my memory where I want them.

I'm good with 8/10, that's fine by me. I didn't go too horribly much into it since you can't really see inside of the case. I just did mostly the cables that would get in the way of air flow and made it look generally clean.

B1g, what do you have your ballistix? I'm sure i asked you before but I can't remember what you said. Is 1200 @ 4-4-4-12 unrealistic?

TheOtis said:
B1g, what do you have your ballistix? I'm sure i asked you before but I can't remember what you said. Is 1200 @ 4-4-4-12 unrealistic?

lol..yea...that does sound unrealistic. My stables are 800/CL3, 1000/CL4, and 1200/CL5.

Very nice...my Antec has a 240mm fan on top. These large fans are really great...move such a HUGE volume of air while staying quiet.

And yeah 1200 @ 4,4,4,12 is unrealistic...1200@ 5,5,5,15 should be manageable though between 2.2-2.3v

Oh nice, thanks b1g and guru. I think I'll run 1200 5-5-5-15. I'm at 1100 right now with 5-4-4-15.

Guru- Do you like your Antec case? I've seen them many times in stores, but I couldn't tell by looking at them how well they'd do.

please do not use 1/2 inch sleeving on a sata cable

and you need heatshrink

Wow, those are amazing overclocks for that RAM.

I knew Ballistix OC'ed well...but I didn't know THAT well. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom