Mini power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen16

Solid State Member
I'm going on a drinking binge camping trip and we want to watch some movies while we are there. all the movies are on a portable hard drive. I have seen somebody take something and hook it up to a battery and then plug an xbox and tv into that something. we have a car, no generator but we want to be able to power a computer and moniter, in the middle of nowhere and not run the car battery down. How can I do it.

we were hoping not to get a generator and we needed to use it at night. The thing i say this kid use was like a box that would connect to a battery but had like a bunch of plug-in's in it. If we had that we could plug it into a car battery and run the car every once and a while to keep it going.

It's called a power inverter. Make sure you get one that has the right wattage for what you need. I.e. if you're gonna bring a TV/gaming system/whatever, make sure all of that adds up to LESS than the maximum wattage the power inverter can take. Most electronic places should have one. I know radioshack has 'em.

How about not being a delinquent, and drinking when you're of age? Then you can watch the movies in someone's home... Dur :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom