FSB and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those temps are for 3.4 on air. Not a big difference, just pointing it out.
What other program would you recommend? SpeedFan seems much more inaccurate than Core Temp. But I'll D/L it and run it with Core Temp to see the difference on their readings when I try for 3.6GHz.

Those temps are low for 3.4 on air, they're really good. If I were you, I'd go into BIOS, let the rig Idle for awhile and see what the BIOS reads for idle.

CoreTemp is the only program I'd recommend. You could try Everest. I don't use it but I know some people do.

Funny you say that because on idle in BIOS the CPU is THAT much lower, never pops 26. On average from 20-24 though. 26 was when I booted 3.6GHz I believe.

*edit*
Which of course always made me skeptical of Core Temp since once I boot up, it automatically reads 30-34 idle.

I downloaded SpeedFan and offset the temps to +12 since apparently that's about how off it is.

I know it's only 15 seconds in, but it's still under load at 3.4GHz:
34load.jpg

And here it is at 3.4GHz idle:
34idle.jpg

Wow! Very nice! My temps are a bit higher then yours are. Very, very good temps.

Defiently push that baby farther. You should be able to hit 3.6 with no problems.

Wow! Very nice! My temps are a bit higher then yours are. Very, very good temps.

Defiently push that baby farther. You should be able to hit 3.6 with no problems.

I pushed for 3.6 just to boot before class (which I'm in now).
I had to up the voltage from 1.37 to 1.40 to get it to boot. I tried running Orthos just for a second and very soon in it failed. So tonight I plan on trying to get a stable 3.6, might take the volt to 1.41 or so.

Also, my RAM volt is only 2.0, should I bump it to 2.1 like recommended for my timings of 4-4-4-12, or does it really matter? Only reason I mention that is because I got to 3.0GHz to begin with off the stock volt. I couldn't get 3.2GHz without upping the volt. However, I noticed my RAM timings were out of whack. Once I tweaked them to 4-4-4-12, I could run 3.2GHz stable without upping the volt from stock.

Then to reach 3.4GHz I had to up my volt to 1.37 I believe. Now I'm wondering if I can stay lower than 1.41 or so if I tweak my RAM some more. Since the timings are good I was wondering if the volt could play a factor. Just speculating, I could be way off and wouldn't be suprised if so.

You are running the identical set up i am and i can run "gaming" stable at 3.6 with 1.35v and 1:1 with 4-4-4-12 timings. The only problem with it is that it turns my computer into a portable space heater and brings the temps up in my APT about 5-10 degrees after a few hours.

Well if it failed to boot @ 3.6ghz with the Vcore @ 1.40, try 1.41, maybe a bit higher. That's a rather high Vcore as it is. Granted you are running low temps, the more voltage you pump through it, the shorter it's going to last.

Or, before you do the Vcore change, you could try and loosen the timings a bit to see if that will help at all. Try that first before you mess with any voltages. Since your memory voltage is only 2.0 you could try +1 or +2. to see if that helps.

But like I said, try loosening the timings a bit first before you up any voltages, unless you really want to keep the 4-4-4-12.

You are running the identical set up i am and i can run "gaming" stable at 3.6 with 1.35v and 1:1 with 4-4-4-12 timings. The only problem with it is that it turns my computer into a portable space heater and brings the temps up in my APT about 5-10 degrees after a few hours.

I remember reading your sig and noticing we were identical. That's why I was suprised I had to run a 1.37 or so volt to run 3.4GHz stable. And then just to boot 3.6GHz I had to up the volt to 1.4. That's why I didn't know whether or not going from 2.0 to 2.1 on the RAM volt would matter like tweaking the timing did for me to go from 3.0-3.2GHz easily.

I would set your memory to auto so that it sets the timings to something stable then figure out what the lowest stable voltage you can get at 3.6ghz is. I got a REAL good chip. So far i've actually be able to boot at 9x420 with only 1.375V. But it was idling at like 45C which wasn't real pretty.

I've got a b3 on a tp35d2-a7 and i had to up the volts to 1.55 to boot at 9x400 and it only ran prime95 for 15 seconds before booting.
you guys are lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom