DCLCD DCL24A by Sceptre 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimJackson

Solid State Member
I'm planning on buying a new monitor in the near future. I'm looking for a 24" lcd monitor for my pc and ps3. This is the best one I have found for the price, DCLCD 24" 1080P

I plan to get an hdmi to dvi converter to so that I could use my PS3 with this monitor. I've been told that there is no image loss using this method. The only thing that would be affected is sound, and I plan on getting a sound card eventually as well.

Is 1000:1 contrast ratio considered "good, average" etc. ? It also has a 4000:1 Dynamic Ratio which I'm told doesn't really mean !@#$

Finally I figure that a 2ms response time is more than enough when playing games.

So what do you think of this monitor? Are there any better ones that you could recommend to me? I plan on purchasing soon and I want to make sure that I get the best bang for buck when making my purchase. Thanks.

Oh man, thats twice as expensive than the monitor I was looking at :p
Also, isn't an 8ms response time a bit slow when playing games or watching movies? I've always thought that anything above 5ms and you would begin seeing ghosting. Is that true?

I like how that monitor has an hdmi input but again, its double the price of the monitor that I'm considering getting :(

Ghosting is more to do with the quality of the monitor not just response time. You can buy monitors second hand often a very good way to buy above your budget as monitors don't lose ability over time its still a good buy. 8ms is fine you will see no ghosting

anything under 8ms is not seen by the eye i was told. but i would go for the sceptre, view sonic is good, but they are great budget monitors.

Ahhh I see, ok then. Looks like I'll be going with the DCLCD monitor then thanks all.

hmm but is it too good to be true? i see other 24" lcd that are like 1000:1 contrast ratio and 5 ms response time for like over $500 but that DCLCD is like 4000:1 contrast ratio and 2 ms response time and it's cheaper than the samsungs or acers or viewsonics which makes me kinda feel it might have lots of dead pixels or they don't have any warranty or it might malfunction in like in few weeks for in a month or so. so should i get it or not?

for the monitor i want it doesn't need to have all those features like usb or memory card reader. i just want plain one like that dclcd which has vga and dvi and sound which i probably won't use the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom