DX10+Vista Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah cool. my eyes wouldnt even be able to detect a 5fps loss so i guess its no big deal for me.

i dont think id pay the extra 100$ for ultimate. I don't really use any of the features. I just got it instead of hoem premium cause home premium has known issues with an online game i play. So I didn't want the hassle.

ah cool. my eyes wouldnt even be able to detect a 5fps loss so i guess its no big deal for me.

i dont think id pay the extra 100$ for ultimate. I don't really use any of the features. I just got it instead of hoem premium cause home premium has known issues with an online game i play. So I didn't want the hassle.

actually your eyes will detect a 5 fps loss if its below 60 fps (or if you have super eyes, 70 or so)

From what has been seen here lately Vista is actually outperforming XP in a variety of ways. If you saw the driver update hassles seen with one Creative model sound card just replaced you would see how even support is geared for Vista with the web updater3 for Vista appearing when already having selected XP as the version of Windows.

Some 6-7yr. old games are actually running smoother and seeing far less problems in Vista. And finally ATI released a patch for their Catalyst 7.9 that fixed color management problems in Vista and constant crash to desktop problems even with Steam games in XP.

The standby method of preloading the most used apps is what many think of as Vista using more memory. The basic OS does use a little more since Vista does have a few more items loading at boot then XP sees. Far better drive tools however over the XP installer. Plus memtest is now an option seen on the first startup screen. That's a Linux tool there.

Does this look like 5 FPS on average?

Vista Game Performance: Vista vs. XP and ATI vs. Nvidia: Call of Duty 2 Benchmark

the games vary but if you look on average...the results aren't good.

The problem there is that these games are native and wrapped around XP. For an accurate assessment you would newer games that are wrapped around Vista to see an actual comparison made. Vista is still the new Windows only recently released and in need of debugging like any previous version went through. But it's still MS Windows.

That would be a big help since there's what the rest of this month left and the few days in November to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom