And so it begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't you an xtreme OCer? Why go with the FX-62? You can grab an Intel E6750 for the same price and overclock the stink out of it and have better performance.

Aren't you an xtreme OCer? Why go with the FX-62? You can grab an Intel E6750 for the same price and overclock the stink out of it and have better performance.

i used to own me an e6600 :p .. took it to 3.99 on air

why.. i felt like amd for the meantime... i may or may not be upgraded to core 2 duo/quad again...

i'll see how everything fairs out

Right on. The FX-62 is still a great CPU in my mind, especially for under $200. Maybe you will get lucky with it and it will let you OC it over 3.0ghz ... not that it will make a world of difference from stock :p

i've already ran 3.0 ghz on stock voltage for a while.. but after leaving the compy on 2 days with it, i ran across some problems... so once i get a new mobo i'll move onto some serious overclocking.. but i am considering getting a quad core with the prices dropping constantly the way they are...

Honestly man, I would recommend the Quad. Prices on it are dropping and there will be the whole new line released here soon. I know it sucks waiting.. bought 939 socket 1 week before AM2 was released.. grrr... but I would either go Quad now or a little later... maybe nab up your new ram first or whatever.. then you can have a chance to let time go by while you wait for more cash so that when you have it the new stuff will hopefully be out or you can just get a Q6600 and have all the processing power you can handle :p

Honestly man, I would recommend the Quad. Prices on it are dropping and there will be the whole new line released here soon. I know it sucks waiting.. bought 939 socket 1 week before AM2 was released.. grrr... but I would either go Quad now or a little later... maybe nab up your new ram first or whatever.. then you can have a chance to let time go by while you wait for more cash so that when you have it the new stuff will hopefully be out or you can just get a Q6600 and have all the processing power you can handle :p

well your request for quad may have just come true? ... maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom