Average temp for AMD 64 3200 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggdaddy

Baseband Member
Build a new computer with the AMD 64 3200+ processor using the Gigabyte 3D Cooler Pro. What are the average temps you guys are getting with your processors?

I'm getting a 53C in the bios PC Health. Seems kinda high. But its working.

Is that a CPU temp or system temp?

I'm only using two 120mm fans. One in the front and one in the rear. The PSU has two fans though. One below the PSU sucking up the air and pushing it out the back.

The front fan of course is pushing air in and the rear 120 is pushing it out. However, I haven't even done anything yet. I just finished installing drivers and stuff. Havne't played any games.

So 53c for this processor is high?

CPU temp. Yes, 53C is high for being idle. I would consider using a better heatsink or using more fans in your case.

Thanks for the info, but I have found some more info at the AMD forum that others are having high temps with this system board. Possibly a problem with the bios.

I applied the thermal paste twice already, so I'm sure its not the problem. The HSF unit is suppose to be pretty good. It has lots of good reviews.

I haven't even closed my case yet. I'm still doing some wiring and other stuff. So air flow isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom