Recommend $800ish Builds please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.PRIME

Solid State Member
Hello. As the title says, could anyone recommend me an $800ish build for a gaming quality and hopefully future gaming quality computer? I am pretty much a newbie at making computers but talking to a few of my friends/relatives has convinced me that making a computer would save money and give me more "bang for the buck." But the problem is, I have no idea where to start and what exactly to look for. The forums and all of it's wondrous info and stickies have been overwhelming for me. I am not sure if some of the stickies are even reliable by the fact that they were created in 2006ish. Thanks in advanced for all help.

I also have another question, would $800 suffice for a computer that would be able to run the likes of Crysis or other future games at very nice settings? Thank you.

Stickies are realiable. If you're new to building, read them (ALL).
Today's gaming builds consist of a Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad CPU, a decent motherboard, a good video card, a big hard drive, 2GB of ram, etc.

A $800 computer will run Crysis.

Alright, thanks for the help. I'll try to read through more of the stickies. Thanks.

for that budget id recommend you look at the e6750 intel core 2 duo with 2gb of quality ram like crucial and a good hard drive would be the seagate 320gb

everything else you have to leave to the pros... lol

Gigabyte p35-ds3r 120
2 gigs of ballistix 120
320gig seagate 80
psu (corsair im thinking, but get other opinions) 100
and that leavs 400 for cpu and graphics, right now im at school, ill post some when i get home

Hey j.PRIME
Welcome-to-TF.png

If you can just stretch your budget by $100 or so, you can get an awesome gaming computer:

Case - Cooler Master 690 (From zipzoomfly.com w/free shipping) or Your choice...
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3L (From newegg.com)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz (From ClubIT.com)
RAM - 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2-800 (From ClubIT.com)
Graphics - Sapphire HD 2900Pro 512MB (From newegg.com)
Power Supply - Corsair 520HX (From ClubIT.com)
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 160GB (From ClubIT.com)
Optical Drive - LG DVD Burner (From ClubIT.com)
Optional Aftermarket HSF - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (From newegg.com)

This all comes down to about $900 w/o shipping.

If you can't handle that, then replace the graphic card with the PNY 7900GS 256MB. That should bring the total, below $800.

Hey j.PRIME
Welcome-to-TF.png

If you can just stretch your budget by $100 or so, you can get an awesome gaming computer:

Case - Cooler Master 690 (From zipzoomfly.com w/free shipping) or Your choice...
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3L (From newegg.com)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz (From ClubIT.com)
RAM - 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2-800 (From ClubIT.com)
Graphics - Sapphire HD 2900Pro 512MB (From newegg.com)
Power Supply - Corsair 520HX (From ClubIT.com)
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 160GB (From ClubIT.com)
Optical Drive - LG DVD Burner (From ClubIT.com)
Optional Aftermarket HSF - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (From newegg.com)

This all comes down to about $900 w/o shipping.

If you can't handle that, then replace the graphic card with the PNY 7900GS 256MB. That should bring the total, below $800.

great build b1gapl

Thank you for all the info everybody :] $800 was just a number that seemed nice to work with. I can probably stretch it a little more. Appreciate all the help. b1gapl, not to be picky and stuff, but do you have any replacements for some of the items that do not require rebates? Rebates and stuff just seem like a hassle and I am not quite sure if I will be building this computer within the next week or two. If not, whatever but thanks again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom